Saturday, August 1, 2009

swimming, memories, contentness, friends, etc.

Had a refreshing day today. I'm so glad i decided to go. eventhough i was alone the whole day. i gave myself an hour and a half workout. which in itself was fantastic. i forgot how much i love cold water. After that i got my book out and just layed on the pool deck reading/napping/tanning. it was fabulous. no one talked to me the entire time, no one payed me any notice. i was alone. & i was ok.

This time alone was a very good time for some self-reflection. usually i hate being alone but today was so different. it was undescribable . but i came out from the pool so realxed & at peace with the world. i feel changed & exactly the same at the same time. I dont even know. words fail me.

Through this I realized that all my most memorable moments with my friends or in life in general have been when we weren't really doing anything. it wasnt the times i went to parties, or went out, or got wasted, it wasnt the times when i had the most fun or was the happiest. it was the moments When i was just having a quiet moment or a small conversation with someone, just time where things seemed quiet & simple and i was completely content.

Then i realized that the people i've had these moments with are the ones i'm the closest to. which of course make the moments more special. like with my Friend dulce one of my favorite memories is when we were eating grilled cheese sandwhiches & watching spongebob. with melissa the best was( and still is) everytime i'd go to her house and we just relaxed watching tv. my best moment with Daisy was when we used to lay on the turf at irving and watch the clouds go by. my new fave with kim is when is going to the park/her house with her & just talking about anything & everything. My favorite times with darcy was counting pennies & nickels to have enough to buy 35 cent sodas from el ranchito & her hugs. with sean my favorite times are the times when we just got to cuddle after practice and our long all over the place convos. see? simple,stupid, irrelevant moments that only i remember or treasure. I LOVE MY FRIENDS. they're simply amazing.

but yeah, moment like those make life worth it. along with all the ourtageously fun & happy moments. i need to be alone more often ( but not too often!) it lets me appreaciate things more.

No comments:

Post a Comment