Monday, May 25, 2009

day of decision.

i find myself not sleepy. i want it to be tomorrow already so i can know if prop 8 gets repealed. I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope it does. It's really terrible that it got passed in the first place. i think of my best friend sean, and my "uncles" javier & anothony and all the kids in GSA and it makes me terribly sad that they have to fight for the rights that me & other hetero people were born with. i don't uderstand why people are so against gay marriage. no one has been able to give me a valid reason to oppose it. RELIGION? not everyone has the same religion, so not everyone should be subjected to the rules of any religion. and as far as religion goes, the greatest gift god has given his people is free will. and people deserve the right to express their free will by getting married to whomever they choose. it really comes down to that. FREE WILL. america is about freedom right? so everyone, including gay people, should be able to have the freedom to marry whoever they choose.

that's the way i see it. there's a billion reasons gay marriage should be allowed but i have yet to hear any valid reason why it shouldnt be allowed. so i really really hope it gets repealed.

if it doesn't then people like me and my school's GSA will keep fighting the endless battle for equality. Marriage is only the beginning, there's much more to be done.

Tomorrow is the day of decision. lets hope the right one is made.

No comments:

Post a Comment